Wednesday, July 07, 2021

WIP Wednesday - Around the World Block of the Month


I am participating in the Whole Circle Studios BOM but have fallen behind. I downloaded this month's pattern on 1 July and now have the following to complete:

* Dubai - May

* Rome - June

* New York - July

* Plane - July bonus block

 


I decided to start on Saturday with Rome as that looked the simplest and was printed out. I received some more foundation paper yesterday from Pattern Trace so printed out the New York block last night.

I was wrong about the Rome block, it's not simple as each of those 18 arches are separate blocks. It took me all of Saturday to finish it but I am pleased with how it turned out.

We have been to Rome once and the Port of Rome - Civitavecchia three further times. We were under the impression that it was a long journey by coach and you at on the coach for most of the time. Not our idea of fun. However when we were cruising with NCL, we made friends with two American gents and they had found a good tour locally and it was mostly a guided walking tour and at a good price. So we got up early and met the tour on the quayside and they were able to accommodate us in the group. A brilliant day out and we saw all of the sights and went into the Colosseum and Vatican city.


I had said I wasn't going to do the block for Dubai however I realised that we had transited through the airport en route to Hong Kong for our honeymoon 30 years ago and to Beijing 2 years ago, so I decided to made the block.

The block looks complicated came together quickly however I didn't read all of the instructions in advance and I need a thin long strip for the left hand side of the block which I should have precut. I have ordered more Kona orange and it will be a quick finish. Next I'm going to ork on the bonus block.

No comments: