Monday, July 12, 2021

Monday Make - summer sampler turns 10

 


This is the Summer Sampler turns 10 free sewalong which finished some weeks ago. You can get details of the sewalong here but I'm not sure if the patterns are still available. I stalled as the last lock turned out too big for me to use so it has been consigned to the "use one day" drawer and I made a simpler block.

All of the fabric was from stash and I used a mix of greys and reams for the backgrounds of the blocks. I decided to machine down the binding as this will probably be donated to Quilts  Careleavers but I just need to check the measurements. The machine finished binding will stand up to regular machine washing by teenagers better than a hand stitched binding. I cut the binding to 2" wide and it turned out very well.



A customer had requested the pattern "peacock" last week and it is quick to stitch out as there's no ovrstithing so I took my inspiration from the customer and used the same design with a grey thread.



I used mainly Elizabeth Hartman fabrics for the block paired with Kona solids. It was then an easy choice to use an Elizabeth Hartman 108" wide backing and some leftover from other quilts for the binding.



I think this will appeal to a teenager and hope to donate it at our next group meeting.


No comments: