Friday, July 02, 2021

Friday finish - Ultimate Travel bag


I have wanted to make a travel bag for sometime and a $3 annual membership to Craftsy seemed like the perfect opportunity to make the Ultimate Travel Bag by Annie Unrein. The class comes with both the pattern and videos - a bargain. I started by quilting up 2 yards of fabric as Annie recommends. 

 

I used two Tula Pink fabrics and Bosal along with a pinwheel quilting design. I love the texture created. I also used Basic Grey wide grunge in Eggplant as a contrast fabric. I did mess up by only getting one long purple zipper instead of two, so went with the pink zipper that I had in stash. If I go to Festival of Quilts as planned, I may look for some Tula Pink Renaissance ribbon to make pulls for the zips.



The front of the bag has a useful zip pocket I'm not sure I'd use the slip pockets.



And the back has a strap with velcro to go over a rolling suitcase. Very useful. Fingers crossed I can use this when I go to Festival of Quilts at the end of August. I now have lots of quilted fabric to use for more coordinating bags.

No comments: