Friday, July 09, 2021

Friday finish - Hocus pocus

 


This quilt didn't feel like it was a WIP for very long. I was just making a block a week nd going to finish it at a retreat in the autumn and it's already finished. I have now started making one block a week of the Christmas Cheer pattern also by Corinne Sovey.

My favourite block has to be the witchy boots and tights. I hadn't allowed for how big the block is and ran out of the black Cotton and Steel print. Fortunately a local quilty friend was able to come to my rescue with a fat quarter of this fabric.



I used a digital pantograph for to quilt this project called Nightmare by Anne Bright an it was perfect. For the binding I used Basic Grey grunge in eggplant again from my stash. The backing is an Elizabeth Hartman print also from stash and I used it in the blocks too.


I am going to use the same backing fabric for my Summer Sampler turns 10 which is now ready to quilt over the weekend.

No comments: