Monday, July 05, 2021

Monday make - By Annie extras

 


By Annie (Annie Unrein)has some free patterns on her website which are great to try if you're new to her patterns. I had quilted up two metres of Tula Pink fabric for my Ultimate Travel bag as Annie suggests so I had plenty of fabric left for some more projects. I decided to try some of the free patterns.




I started with the Easy Does It boxy pouch which measures a useful 6"H x 9"W x 4¼"D. I used the same fabric (Basic Grey wide grunge in eggplant) for the binding and side straps and a random piece of pink zipper tape.




I think it will be very useful for travelling along with the Ultimate Travel Bag. Fingers crossed that we will be off to the UK at the end of the month and have booked the ferry and two hotels yesterday.



My second make was the Piecekeeper which is a generous 11"H x 16"W. I added a third Tula Pink fabric for the band at the bottom of the bag and the remainder of the zip tape from the Ultimate Travel Bag. The only thing I changed was that I machined down the binding to the back of the bag.



I still have a largish piece of quilted fabric left for another project and I think I'll store it with the grunge fabric to work on as a 2022 UFO challenge piece. Next I want to piece one more block for the Summer Sampler Turns 10 and load a customer quilt.

No comments: