Monday, July 26, 2021

Monday make - Ugly sweater block party

 

Yesterday I joined in with the Retreat from Home Ugly Sweater Block Party with Ebony Love and Kerry Goulder. The nutcracker insert for the sweater was a special for the event. I need to add some eyes. If it is to become a baby quilt, buttons and rhinestones are not suitable, so they need to be appliqued on.


I used a West Wind pantograph from Christy Dillon. I was pleased to find this Alison Glass Xmas fabric in my stash. It is from 2018 and I reckoned if I hadn't cut into yet, it was perfect to be used as backing and I still have scraps for other projects. The pink and red binding is by Urban Chicks for Moda and was also from stash. It was a good feeling to finish this project during the event, but as it was based in the US, the final event started at midnight which is too late for this early bird. Often when my son video calls on a Sunday evening, I'm already in my pyjamas. :)





No comments: