Wednesday, March 24, 2021

WIP Wednesday - Machu Picchu


Sewing this block, took me back to my trip to Peru in May 2004. Wow, so long ago. I won the trip through The Daily Telegraph and we had a fabulous time in Lima, Arequipa, Cusco and Machu Picchu.
 


I wasn't going to sew this block in green and brown, they are just not my colours so again I dived into the Kona solids leftover from my Tattoo quilt.


Machu Picchu is very green and brown, but the colours of the country and the clothes of the inhabitants are so bright. We were so lucky to visit Peru and the tour was so extensive. There was civil unrest at the time but we were unaware of it until we left Cusco and were asked to be up earlier. However it was farmers protesting and they are used to getting up early, so the road was already blockaded and our coach had to continue down dirt tracks.


That was block 3 for the Trip around the world Block of the month with Whole circle studio and I am keeping up to date.




Now I need to get a wiggle on with three cross stitch projects I'd like to complete this month and just a week until the end of the month. What to work on first? Prairie Schooler Santa, March a year of celebrations (definitely the smallest piece) or April cottage? Probably the smallest project first o I at least complete one project.

No comments: