Monday, March 08, 2021

Monday make - HST cushion

 



There were a lot of bonus HSTs from making flying geese units for the Fraktal quilt. They had been mainly pressed but not trimmed. Fortuitously I saw a post from Coffee ring studios linking to a 2019 blog post with lots of blocks made with HSTs. I chose this striking pattern and trimmed my blocks. I had almost enough HSTs but my heart sank at the thought of needing to make more. Fortunately I found a few more further down the bag of scraps.



I am disappointed not to have made it into a cushion yet, but it is quilted ready to go. I have felt under the weather the last ten days, so haven't achieved as much as I would have wanted. I am hoping to start afresh today and the priorities this week are:
  1. Quilt customer quilt with thick minky backing
  2. Finish 2014 Prairie Schooler Santa which needs about an hour of back stitching
  3. Finish this cushion
  4. Quilt Plaidish quilt
  5. Keep on knitting some more dish cloths. That's all I felt up to doing this past weekend so I have about a dozen ready to gift / use. I am knitting one plain one and then a multi one as the cone of multi should make about 14 cloths.

No comments: