Friday, March 05, 2021

Freebie Friday - wash cloths


When we were in Boston late in 2019, I bought some Sugar n Cream cotton yarn for dishcloths in Michaels and Joanns. I added to this stash with a cone (14oz) of red white and black from a friend's destash. The colours turned out to be red white and blue, but they will make nice gifts.

I had a go at making two dish cloths and I just wasn't happy with them so they have sat with the yarn at the bottom of my yarn stash. This week I saw a friend (@surfseasew) post a photo of her dish cloths on Instagram and that ignited my interest. I found the free pattern on Ravelry - Gramma's second favourite dish cloth and I knit a test cloth. Then I cast on another. What if I knit one cloth a day for March?



They are perfect TV knitting and I have now knit six dish cloths. I think I have sufficient yarn to knit over 25 cloths which I hope to finish this month. I am thinking a gift of eight cloths would be appreciated - one a day and one whilst the others are in the wash? The red ones are mine and the blue cloths are for my daughter. let's see how I get on.


No comments: