Friday, March 12, 2021

Friday Finish - plaidish

 


The Plaidish quilt is a free pattern available here.  This was on my UFO / WIP list for 2021 as I had realised how many black and white / green and low volume fabrics I had in stash. I have definitely used up quite a lot of the green pile and my friends know that green is not a colour that I gravitate towards.


This pattern is a satisfying pattern comprised of squares and rectangles. I was happy with how my quilt top came out. I had bought the backing from Sew Hot in one of their sales at the end of 2020. I still have sufficient left for another small quilt and lots of binding.


I was determined to find a binding in my stash too and Instagram friends voted for the black and white stripe by Riley Blake. I had just enough yardage left, so that's more fabric out of my stash.




I used a neutral thread and a boxy pantograph called Circuits by Anne Bright to quilt my project and I am pleased with how it turned out.



This weekend I plan to finish my HST Fraktal leftover panel into a cushion before putting a concerted effort into finishing my March UFO next.

No comments: