Friday, November 06, 2020

Friday finish - Techno Garden




 I was delighted to finish this baby quilt there is no intended recipient but it's always good to have one in reserve. I am trying to stop myself from making big quilts so this was a perfect size.



This was a Facebook based class with Karlee Porter called Techno Garden which she is running again in January. I used strips of Alison Glass fabrics in a limited palette of pink, orange, turquoise and white. One Tula Pink fabric may have slipped in by mistake. The binding is also Alison Glass in a deeper turquoise and machine applied as baby quilts are designed to be used and washed. The quilting design is ribbon candy with pearls which I am ashamed to say I have no recollection of purchasing but it stitches out beautifully.



This has been ready to quilt for a number of weeks, but I put it aside to finish my October UFO, but this went straight on my long arm once the Dream Big Panel was finished. Now I must finish packing for our retreat. I can't wait.

No comments: