Friday, November 27, 2020

Freebie Friday - alphabet pins

 


I went to a local charity shop earlier this week and a miscellaneous bag of haberdashery caught my eye as it contained a few packets of eyelets and more importantly some alphabet beads. I couldn't believe how many packs of eyelets there were and for £3. I was very pleased especially as I had lost three of my alphabet pins and I do like a full set. I spoke to my son about shirts during the week and he was measuring his biceps with  piece of string and ruler, so the tape measure that was in the bag has been added to his birthday box which should reach him very soon. I hope it makes him smile.


To make the pins is so simple, but Elmers was not the right glue for the job. I have previously used Diamond Glaze but don't have any now so will look for a better glue. Put a dot of glue at the top of the pin a few millimetres away from the yellow head, slide the alphabet bead on and leave to dry. 

These are perfect for labeling project pieces or blocks when putting them together in rows. And so economical and easy to make.


No comments: