Monday, January 23, 2017

100 days 100 blocks

I participated in the #100days100blocks challenge on Instagram. I missed posting my block on one day. The challenge finished in December and someone has another challenge to finish you quilt by 25 January, which I have gone with days to spare. 

I mixed fabrics by Aneela's Hoey for Moda Fabrics with Kona plains from stash. Simply Solids had a 30% off flash sale around Xmas so I worked out how much I needed and bought Essex dyed linen in Steel. 



I quilted it with an all over feather design which worked beautifully until the last row. Once finished I quickly machined a 2" binding to the front of the quilt and spent one day last week just hand stitching the binding down. It is now ready for our local Eisteddfod.

1 comment:

Marci Girl said...

It's beautiful, congrats on finishing. I played along on IG too but alas mine is still waiting to have the quilting finished. Thank you for linking up on behalf of the 2017 global Finish-A-Long hosts.