Thursday, February 16, 2017

Progress on my oldest WIP


According to one of the blocks in my Dear Jane quilt, this UFO dates back to October 200. I guess I should be relieved that it is from this millennium and not the 1990s.

I applied the last border at the last Jersey modern quilt guild meeting and realised that I was missing one corner block. Oops. All of the blocks in this quilt are made from Christmas fabrics. In particular the corners are made with a gold fabric. Of course I had destashed all my gold fabrics and the Dear Jane book was sold long ago. Time for some procrastination. I searched for images of the quilt on the Internet and enlarged a photo of the corner block but I still need to make. This required two stars in the star bloke with a border and when I came to sewthe block I decided to simplify the block and remove one of the stalls. Fortunately a friend had the perfect fabric for the block.


The quilt has now been quilted with a large all over pantograph and is ready to be trimmed and the binding applied. I am entering this quilt into the eisteddfod so I need to complete it this month. I have various projects that I'm working on but I need to focus on just one project at a time. Not my usual modus operandi.


The Eisteddfod is in March and entries need to be handed in on 4 March so I have just two weeks to get this finished. Wish me luck.

No comments: