Monday, June 01, 2015

ALYoF - Kaffe Fassett June 2015


Just finished the binding on this quilt before I head off to London. This is my first attempt at ruler work on my long arm. I found that I needed to replace the open toed foot with the closed toe foot so work stalled for a few weeks. I wasn't even sure where the foot was. However once I'd found it, it was a simple job to replace it. I did find the machine skipped stitches periodically when moving from the front to the back, so I will check all of the wires and clean the wheels on my return from London next weekend.

 
I am pleased with the piano key border and the orange peel design in the centre. Fortunately I had the right size half circle ruler so no marking or fluffing was required.  The Kaffe Fassett fabric was from a friend's destash and the backing I had already. A simple pattern which will be donated to Siblings Together. Another quilt which needs a label adding in the next two weeks so it can be posted with others to the charity.
 
Linking to:
 
 

No comments: