Saturday, May 09, 2015

My Small World Quiltalong

I failed miserably with the hand piecing of Jen Kingwell's current Block of the Month, but I spotted pictures of this smaller endeavour a few weeks ago on Instagram. Then a sew along was announced. I'm in!! The lovely Verykerryberry is one of five bloggers leading the sew along.

 
The first task was to locate a copy of the magazine. WH Smith and Superdeals didn't have a copy locally so I took to the internet and soon had a copy winging its way to me from the running chicken. Excellent service and it arrived the following day.
 
 
I even read the instructions from start to finish before diving in. I spotted the little hexagons in part 5. Hmm, 1/2" hexagons, will they match the Sizzix die that I bought last month? They do. I located my Cuttlebug machine and plates and soon had 100 small hexagons cut from freezer paper. If you would like 40 die cut paper hexagons to take part in the sew along, email me with your address and I'll pop them in the post next week.


A quick e-mail to my friend Lorraine and I had borrowed her 3/4" Sizzix die. Apart from two hexagons that I fussy cut , I quickly cut 30 hexagons for myself and a few extra for friends.

 
And I'm so pleased that I bought some refills for my glue pen from Simply Solids last month as they make basting the hexagons a breeze. After dinner, I think I'll settle down in front of the telly and sew these hexagons together.

5 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Your hexie a look great! Just sent you an email :) x

QuiltCandy said...

It looks like such a great quilt, I'd love to join in, oh if I had more hours in the day! Looking forward to seeing your progress :-)

Jane said...

Wow you have been busy! I'm exhausted just reading this blog!

Shanna said...

I saw your hexi pic on instagram, way to go! I am excited to see other gems you add to your quilt like the tiny fussy cut hexies! :-) this is going to be such a fun QAL!

Two Wednesdays said...

Those hexies look great!