Tuesday, March 19, 2013

What a difference a week makes

Last week we were housebound by the snow that had fallen over Monday and Tuesday, today is lovely and clear and nice enough to take a photo of Liz's quilt before she collects it later this evening. The colours in the quilt remind me of Chinese willow pattern porcelain. Liz has mixed fabric recovered from shirts with patchwork fabrics for a fresh look. She has made her own jelly roll and done the classic jelly roll race pattern.
 
 

It has been quilted with Popcorn pantograph and King Tut for Superior threads in colour Temple. Here it is ready for collection this evening.


 
I had a lovely surprise yesterday when Jenny gave me some extra card bobbins to wind my DMC threads onto. She had read that I was planning to get Lizzie to buy some and surprised me with a bundle at lunch time. What a lovely gesture. All of threads I have at the moment are organised. A friend has a miscellaneous bag of threads to use and when they return, I'll sift out the DMC threads and add them to my box. They are all labelled with some mini labels I bought at Kisko in Leicester for a whole 25p. It means that I can tell at a glance if I have a colour or not as if the label hasn't been used, I don't have it.
 
On my jobs list for tomorrow
  • Finish piecing the backing for my scrappy trip around the world
  • Tidy my sewing table
  • Get my ironing up to date
But tomorrow morning is my favourite meeting of Chez Soi, my Wednesday morning quilt group. we have a group photo with all of our Eisteddfod entries and get a chance to read each others comments, but first I have to load all 40+ entries back into my car. A job for this evening I think, but in the mean time I'm going to relax and complete a few more frames on the Spring Sampler. I deserve it as I've completed a lot of small jobs today as well as Liz's quilt.

No comments: