Friday, March 22, 2013

A little bit of this

Yesterday I completed two of the three tasks that I set myself. I sorted my scrappy strips for the Fat Quarterly Retreat exchange, bagged and labelled them and put them in a safe place!! With the Easter eggs.



I also made progress with my Scrappy trip around the world challenge and did a little bit of the quilting and all of the binding. Then I found a couple of rucks on the reverse, which have been undone and need to be remachined. I couldn't leave the backing like that even if it will end up being a charity quilt.
 
I also used some of the embroidery stitches to quilt some of the diagonals. I kept it to just one of the six diagonals on each block.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Tonight it's a Friday Night Sew In so I plan to work on this some more and get out all of the supplies I need for Lu Summers' class tomorrow. I'm collecting Lu and her mum, Jenny at the airport at 3. First I'm having lunch at Durell with a spot free Jane who came down with chicken pox last weekend. I'm glad it wasn't when Matthew's home as he had shingles aged about 3, so I don't want to risk another attack when he needs to be studying very hard. Today he's heading to Kitzbuhel on the school skiing trip and will be home on Easter Saturday. It will be a full on Easter holiday with both Lizzie and Matthew studying for exams. One definitely needs to work harder than the other.
 

Handmade by Heidi

3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

quilt looks great... like the embroidary x

QuiltCandy said...

So excited about tomorrow! I need to finalise all the things I need tonight as well. I am glad to hear Lucie is on her way soon and that the snow hasn't affected travel plans!

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

I love this quilt!! The colors are great!