Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Preparing for retreat

 


I don't think I've ever been so late in getting my suitcase packed for a UK retreat. Everything has to fit into one suitcase as I am flying. To be honest the maximum weight is 23 kilos and I' not sure I could even move that much. As usual I am flying to Liverpool and traveling with Gill to Leeds.

I have lots of stuff for my daughter and I am concerned that despite several Facebook video sessions that I will leave something behind. We are planning to make the Campfire Messenger by Noodlehead together and mine is cut an interfaced and I cut Lizzie's interfacing too.


A late choice was a mini quilt pattern from Quietplay's club and I've sewn a little of each segment and then chosen a plain fabric to match and pinned it to the relevant segment. This will have a silver linen background. I plan to piece the top and finish it once I'm home.


Quilter's Big Tote by Minki Kim - again I'll piece the front of the bag and quilt and finish at home. I need to buy more Bosal to finish this. These are all Ruy Star fabrics from stash.


I have a spare block from the Buttoned Up quilt along so I will make it into an 18" mini quilt for donation by our Guild to SCBU.



It will be interesting to see how much I achieve. I think I will leave the bag until the Saturday and do something simple on Fridy afternoon / evening.


No comments: