Friday, October 20, 2023

Friday finish - mini quilt



I took this small project to the MQC retreat in Leeds last weekend.  It would have been a quick finish if I had remembered to cut some banding and take it with me. This is one block from the Buttoned up SAL with pen and paper patterns. I had stitched one heart bonus block so had one block spare. A border was added to make the block into a 20" square. I then quilted it very simply and trimmed the piece down to 18.5".


Once home, I added a 2.5" binding and machine stitched the binding from the front to finish. I even remembered to add one of my labels. I am enjoying the quick finishes that these small projects give and it's a great opportunity to use up spare blocks. I plan to make two more in November.

How do you use up your miscellaneous blocks, do you make them into a large project, a mini quilt or do they languish in a drawer?

No comments: