Monday, October 30, 2023

Monday make - Buttoned up

 


I have enjoyed making the Buttoned Up pattern by Pen and Paper Patterns over the last seven weeks. I have even quilted and bound the quilt within the scheduled dates. All of the fabrics are from Ruby Star Society, including the backing which is a wide sateen. This fabric had been stashed to use for a bag and it matched the colourways of the block perfectly. It's great to stitch from stash that you'd forgotten that you'd purchased.



I have used the smaller foundation pieced bonus block as a label, but it's not yet sewn down. I may enter this quilt into a local competition and as I work alongside the judge, I use a nom de plume to enter.


I used a champagne bubbles pantograph with Superior Thread King Tut in a variegated pink.

No comments: