Wednesday, July 19, 2023

WIP Wednesday overwhelm


There is plenty of sewing going on here, but it feels like I’m not making any progress. It’s starting to overwhelm me.

I am keeping up with the weekly blocks for the mini block sampler but that crab was a challenge due to my mistakes. I sewed it yesterday after it was released on Monday which disappointed me as I couldn’t tick it off my Monday to do list. Sad but true.


I am also keeping up with the 100days100blocks challenge with Gnome Angel. I have stitched about 40 blocks already and we are on day 19.

One of my sources of overwhelm is that I haven’t got the colour graduation of the blocks made to date quite right. This is especially true of the pink and purple blocks in the top right. I have countered that by making all of the yellow blocks that make the diagonal from top right to bottom left and I’m working my way from there.

I need to sort the top left corner so I can sew the top two rows together and take it from there.


I have also started cutting and stitching together a secret project but I am only stitching ten units together each day and making good steady progress. The other project causing me self inflicted stress is a simple bag pattern. I thought it was complete apart from the internal binding when I realised the back panel was upside down. Seam ripper to the rescue.

The plan? 

1. Sort out the colour progression of blocks 

2. Stitch the first two rows together

3. Continue stitching one block a day until I reach block 45 (due on 14 August) That takes me until after Festival of Quilts and a London trip. Then I can concentrate on finishing other projects

4. Finish the Eena bag

No comments: