Monday, July 17, 2023

Monday make - strawberry summer


I think I may be slightly obsessed with strawberries. This design is by Barbara Ana and has a mirror frame which makes it almost impossible to photograph. My mum used to have a big vegetable and fruit patch next to our family home and we had the freshest fruit all summer - strawberries, raspberries, loganberries and tayberries. Good times. I find that shop bought strawberries go off before I eat them so this summer, I'm enjoying nectarines.


This morning I've finished my July cross stitch camp piece which is Summer Plant by Barbara Ana again from the Summer 2023 issue of pnps magazine. I get the digital version and print off the charts as required. They can also be viewed on my iPad.

I ordered the called for Belfast dirty linen in 32 count but it was a bit too ginger for this chart for me. I substituted Fiber on a whim 32 count cream and sugar from Peakside Needleworks. It could have been a fraction darker to offset the white and pale yellow, but once mounted and backed, it may have more contrast. I also used the recommended DMC cotton threads.


This is my strawberry cross body bag - pattern by Zeriano. I am now going to work on some small blocks and plan to work on whale Hello There at my Wednesday group.


 

No comments: