Monday, July 10, 2023

Maple and Eucalyptus 1 to 10


The #100days100blocks2023 sewalong started on 1 July with Gnome Angel and Just Get it Done Quilts. You can purchase the PDF patterns here. I have participated twice in earlier versions of this sewalong.  I've chosen to do a variation of the Alison Glass layout from my stash. It's only once you start sewing that you realise that perhaps your stash isn't as varied as you may have thought. I knew reds would be tricky as there are fewer true reds in Alison's collections that other colours.


If you're participating, do join the Circle community for the sewalong as there have been errata on two blocks published and I spotted a mistake on block 9 last weekend.


My plan was to sew the rows together as I went along but I made a mistake on one of my colour choices so will need to move a few blocks around. I am now working on the yellow blocks and working above and below that diagonal line to correct my mistake. Here are my first ten blocks.


 

No comments: