Monday, July 31, 2023

CCC Eena bag


As is often the case for me, pride came before a fall. I am behind on the CCC sewalong and I thought to myself, a bag, I'll do that next to start to catch up. No, this bag, for no specific reason, kicked my butt.


My big mistake was basting the lining to the outside back upside down. I was celebrating almost being finished and turning the bag inside out before starting the binding. Oh oh, not good. It went downhill from there. I pinned the pieces together with multiple pins and stabbed myself multiple times so the bag lining contains my DNA (and a cute label).


Having applied one side of the binding moderately successfully, I decided to be cautious, and hand sewed the other side of the binding by hand. I am relieved to have the project finished and may make the Blair shirt next.

 

No comments: