Sunday, July 02, 2023

Sunday stash



A few purchases this week. On Thursday this lovely package arrived quickly from Peakside Needleworks. The DMC flosses and linen are for a new pattern by Barbara Ana which was in the newly released Punch Needle and Primitive Stitchery magazine. The Belfast dirty linen is the called for colour but is much darker than in the magazine picture so I also order the Fiber on a whim cream and Sugar.

I am feeling like stitching something summery so I think Day at the Beach and Summer Plant by Barbara Ana might end up being July starts.



Then a few purchases from my local store for thread mainly to finish some garments. The stitching guide was recommended on the Sewconfident Capsule Collection. I have used it a lot this week to turn up hems and it is so cheap - £1.50. So I bought one for my daughter too. The Gutterman Maraflex thread is also genius for sewing stretch fabrics.

I have started my shopping list for Festival of Quilts and we also have a side trip planned to Guthrie Ghani. I am very lucky that my son who lives in Leamington Spa is so amenable to taking us on a road trip and even came into the shop (we were there an hour) and showed interest in our purchases. 

My list so far comprises:
A clapper - I think I have persuaded a friend to stock them on her stand.
By Annie messenger bag pattern - my daughter has chosen the bag as one of our Christmas projects
Labels - I need to add to my assortment.
Fiskars ruler joiner - heavily influenced by Instagram.
Olfa magenta rotary cutter - just because I love pink.

We may also need some Bosal for our Christmas projects.


No comments: