Wednesday, June 14, 2023

WIP Wednesday - maple and eucalyptus




Feeling overwhelmed? That would be me! Solution - start another big project. Obvious really. 

I was watching Karen of Just Get It Done quilts on YouTube and she was showing off her collaboration with Ange of Gnomeangel. I have participated in the #100days100blocks challenges twice before. Ange's patterns are brilliantly written and presented so I didn't need much of a nudge to purchase the pattern.

It took most of yesterday to print off the pattern due to the size of the file and our rubbish Wi-Fi but this morning I added it into a wallet file. I like this format as you can add the blocks to the slip pockets once made, to store them in order.



I love the original fabric choices for the quilt but didn't want to buy more fabric. Then yesterday I saw that Alison Glass was selling a kit for the project. Perfect as I have a basket of Alison's fabrics and I can top up any shortfalls when we are at Festival of Quilts in August. Note to self - sew ahead that week!!

I think I'm ready and I will sew a few at the same time as my mini block sampler blocks over the next two weeks before the start on 1 July. 


No comments: