Monday, June 19, 2023

Monday Make - Alpen bag


 


The slider for the strap for the Alpen bag by Center Street Quilts  eventually arrived last Thursday. I ordered several sliders from Ebay without realising that they were coming from China and it has been a month since I purchased them.

I participated in the sewalong as far as I could so all I needed to do was finish the construction of the straps, sew them into the bag and then bind those two edges. I initially forgot to add a label so that was my last task.


On the reverse I added my label by Kylie and the Machine. I plan to use the bag for my day trip to London on Tuesday. It's big enough for my phone, glasses and purse so they're quick to access on the tube. 

My trip last Monday was cancelled due to fog. Fortunately, I spent less than two hours at the airport before they announced a new departure time of 12.40 which was too late for my appointment, so I left. I had taken my own car, so I was soon home. I'm hoping to have a little shopping time in London so I'm planning to hit Oxford Circus and then head back to the airport.




No comments: