Friday, June 09, 2023

Friday finish - Zip, Divide It!


One of my purchases from the March Modern Quilt Club retreat was this kit from Olive and Flo Handcraft to make the Zip, Divide It! basket from Lou Orth. I had admired the pattern when it as first released and when I saw the kit using Ruby Star Society fabrics, I caved.

My daughter, who doesn't quilt, wants to make a square footstool stuffed with her fabric scraps. Obviously she wants five sides to be different patchwork blocks and not simple rail fence or similar. The bottom of the cube will be a plain fabric. After work yesterday, we had a couple of video calls for me to walk her through the first design. Whilst she cut and sewed, I cut and sewed the three sizes of the basket. Perhaps starting with the smallest, fiddliest basket wasn't my best idea, but it is finished. The next one I make, I will make sure the Decovil light is properly adhered but I overcame that by topstitching 1/4" away from the top edge.



No comments: