Wednesday, June 03, 2020

WIP Wednesday - Bonnie and Camille stars



I am making progress on my stars from my Bonnie & Camille scraps. Those scraps are now pressed and sorted by colour and I am working through my low volume scraps. I press them and then sort them as follows:

1. too small to be useful - straight in the bin
2. can be used in this project put in my project bag
3. too small for me but big enough for my friend, put in a bag to drop off very soon
4. Any coloured fabric or Fat Quarter are put in their correct place
5. All other scraps are stacked up waiting for the basket to become empty. 


As you can see there are still quite a few low volume scraps to be sorted. I have also added the excess turquoise Carolyn Friedlander screen backing from my Five Impossible things quilt in my project bag to use for sashing the Bonne & Camille stars.



I have made four stars for this quilt so far and I plan to make one block a week until I feel I have enough blocks. It's nice not to rush this project.



I have also decided to let go of one of my WIPs as I didn't like the contrast between the linen and the ecru border. I will unpick the stitching and then put away the tea dyed linen.

No comments: