Monday, June 08, 2020

Monday make - Tula Pink Butterfly






It wasn't that long ago that this was a languishing UFO awaiting attention. I had made a mental note that I wanted to move a couple of blocks but when I looked at it I just needed to change the orientation of three striped blocks. That was soon achieved and it was loaded ready for an edge to edge pantograph of butterflies and swirls.


It was soon quilted and trimmed ready for binding. Unfortunately the fabric that was best suited for the binding was from 2016 and I could not find any in stock anywhere. Note to self to put aside backing and binding with UFOs. fortunately a friend had the fabric in her stash and sent it to me. I had to buy some screen printed panels from Helen's Etsy shop as fabric likes company for the journey. Ironically the fabrics I used for the quilt were Alison Glass, Kona cotton and one of Helen's screen printed lines in yellow.


The fabric arrived within two days and had been added to the quilt the same morning. I am not a fast binder but having stitched one hour a day for two days, I decided I needed a finish so abandoned all other plans and just finished the binding. I am really pleased with how it turned out. Not a very good photo as we had to use a timer and my husband is considerably taller than me, but it still looks great.



This pattern had been on my radar for some time before the sewalong started, I will be starting the Tattoo quilt by Berne Campbell soon and that's another project that has long been on my radar. The sewalong commences this month and I am looking forward to some foundation paper piecing.



No comments: