Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Work in Progress Wednesday - Cherry Blossom Festival Sampler

This pattern was released by The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery five years ago but I was determined not to stitch in until in Japan, which happened in June 2019. after booking the holiday, I stash dived for linen and floss and put together a kit. I always bind the edge of the linen to keep it tidy.



I took my cross stitch out and about in Japan and here it is at Osaka castle, which isn't what I as expecting. However in Yokohama we got absolutely drenched and the red lining of the bag containing my sampler bled onto the linen. I tried to get the pinky stain out using soap to no avail.


At home I tried nail varnish an a friend suggested salt. as the project was heading towards the bin, I decided to throw it in the washing machine. Success! There are slight colour differences but I can live with that.


I then decided to focus on finishing the project during #onethingwithamy. I was pleased to finish it in one week and once finished and pressed was taken immediately to a local framer. I am always amazed at how much I can complete when I focus on only one task. Often the biggest problem is deciding what task or project to work on. Next I am going to work on piecing my #100days100blocks into a quilt top.












No comments: