Friday, August 23, 2019

UFO Friday - 100 days 100 blocks



Did I tell you I jumped on this band wagon, I resisted right until the last minute. I decided to use up my pink scraps and make a pink quilt for a local breast cancer charity. I added in a few reds and purples for variety and completed the blocks some weeks ago. Today is day 54 of the sewalong which continues for 100 days. I hope to keep posting whilst we are in Boston. 



I particularly like block 100 which I plan to turn into a label by embroidering my name and the year once the quilting is finished. I didn't want the foot to catch on the embroidery.


I put the blocks on my design wall and have tried to have the darker blocks on the outside graduating into the lighted blocks in the centre. Given that the blocks were made with no plan other than pink, it has come together pretty well.


I did some fussy cutting and have two blocks with the Alison Glass mermaid featured, both of which are dark blocks and on the edge of the quilt.


 The heart in this block was just an Art Gallery scrap in a goody bag but I love how the bock turned out. The quilt is now on my long arm and is about half quilted. I hope by next Friday that it will be bound and complete. What to work on next?

No comments: