Monday, August 26, 2019

Make & take Monday - reusable make up remover pads

 My daughter Lizzie asked for me to make some reusable make up pads a few days before Xmas. So I made ten up for her using an Accuquilt 3" circle die, old towels and muslins accumulated from the Liz Earle hot cloth cleanser that I use.


Lizzie then told me earlier this eek that she needed more, so I duly cut more circles. Cutting towels makes such a mess but a great use for old towels or towels in colours that no longer match your décor.

Lizzie overlocked 30 or so on my underused overlocker. whilst I looked at the few muslin cloths that I hadn't used. a light bulb moment - what if I sewed two cloths into bags - one to store the pads and one to collect the dirty ones that could be thrown into the washing machine with a full load of washing.



They may not be the prettiest things I have ever sewn but they are very functional and already hanging in the bathroom, ready to be used.

3 comments:

Mary-Jeanine said...

Great idea, I'm gonna have to make some of those!

Mary-Jeanine said...

I just had a thought...you could embroider (or sharpie) ”Clean" on one and "Dirty" on the other.

Unknown said...

coton démaquillant lavable Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome!