Friday, April 03, 2015

Mini messenger bag

I can at last reveal my sample for Littlest Thistle's mini messenger bag pattern which is released today. I fell at the first hurdle and didn't spot that one of the measurements for the hardware was a quantity and had no " to indicate inches. The pattern calls for 3/4 yard of outside fabric - no I didn't have that either, nor fusible fleece. The fleece is here somewhere, but hasn't yet come to light.
 
The pattern was straight forward and I was pleased with how it turned out. I sandwiched some wadding between the fabric and iron on interfacing to simulate fusible fleece and was satisfied with the outcome. I used three Cotton & Steel fabrics and I'm pleased I only used the arrows on the pocket and flap (out of necessity) as the whole bag made in the fabric would have been too much.

 
There was a magnetic clasp on the inner pocket which you can't see which I omitted and stitched the large pocket into two smaller pockets.


All in all, I think it's cute. Jane has reminded me it's not her birthday until July - is that a hint do you think?

1 comment:

Katie said...

What a great job -- I did this pattern test to and loved how straight forward her pattern was.