Monday, April 06, 2015

Leftover quilt

After I'd quilted Matthew's going to University quilt, I found some extra blocks, which is why I'd run out of red spotted squares as I'd kept them with the other blocks and Matthew's quilt was smaller than I had expected.
I grabbed the blocks and alternating red dot squares and quickly pieced them in to the largest rectangle possible. I have one block left so that will be donated to Astra who makes lovely charity quilts from random blocks. Then I spied some blue Thimbleberry fabric which made an inner border, then I added the remainder of the jelly roll strips to make a small quilt. It was soon on my long arm.

We have a long weekend in the UK for Easter starting with Good Friday when not many shops are open and pubs and clubs have to shut at midnight. The weekend runs through to Easter Monday. Good Friday was good as I got this quilt and a customer quilt quilted. This morning I trimmed them both - one ready for binding and the other ready to return to my customer.

I had kept the Ikea Bitten used for the Siblings Together quilt on the long arm ready to go. However I'll need some more as what I have left would only be enough for a table runner. I', running short of backings which is something I need to look out for in online sales. The pantograph is a new one called Liliana.

1 comment:

Kaisievic said...

You have been busy! Great quilting.