I asked my quilt model to hold up this quilt to take a photograph and I was told "I've already held this one for a photo". "Ah", I replied "but it didn't have it's binding on then". Perhaps my family do pay more attention than I think. Not long until Matthew leaves for university.
This quilt is for the charity Siblings Together and I hope to make a matching one from my other quilt bee. However I've just used the last of my Ikea Bitten so I will be looking for anyone going near an Ikea, very soon.
Once again, I use my steam a seam 1/4" tape to affix the binding to the back of the quilt and I stitched in the ditch from the front to stitch down the binding. As this quilt will be loved and well washed, I also sewed another row of stitching in the binding - a belt and braces job. I know I didn't plan to finish this one in September, but having prepared the binding for Matthew's quilt I was on a roll. One less for October.