Thursday, May 22, 2014

Confession time - Brit Thursday linky

Just Sew Sue

 
http://fatquartershop.blogspot.com/p/wishes-quilt-along.html
 
This confession will not come as a surprise to many of you, but I may have made more than five blocks for this quilt. When I was waiting for May to be published, I wondered if you changed the month number in the link for the pdf would you gain access to the next pdf. Turns out you do.
 

 
So as I'm piecing together my Aviatrix, I've also been sewing some Wishes blocks. I particularly like this star block for October. When I say some - I have three extras finished. September is almost finished and July has been started but not completely cut out. I should also confess that two of the blocks I wont' be making:
 
* August looks like strips but is made out of half square triangles, so I will make a different block
* December - I can't abide basket blocks on their side so I am going to make a bear's paw block - inspired by my friend Jane's recent makes.
 
 
 
I don't think I'll get much done today as I have a nutrition talk at the gym, followed ironically by afternoon tea this afternoon and a WI event - Dance with a difference this evening. Additionally a client picked up a quilt yesterday and left another the recipient for which arrives on Wednesday. It is loaded on the machine so I just need to make time to quilt it. I think I'll cut out the bear's paw and block seven - Court House Lawn whilst I supervise the machine. Then I can put away the blocks to complete at our UFO day on Sunday along with the binding of my social tote and putting on the third border of my Aviatrix quilt. I always pack too much for our UFO day and I don't think this one will be any different.
 
What have you been working on?
 
 

1 comment:

Jane said...

That's cheating!! lol I havn't even dome May's yet as I am snowed under with bear's paw. Did you see that the siblings together block for June is published too so another for Sunday!