Monday, May 05, 2014

Amy Butler Jelly roll quilt

It's a lovely bank holiday day today, the sky is blue but there's quite a breeze. This afternoon we have friends coming around for afternoon tea. I'll bake a sponge and scones this afternoon so they're really fresh. Parkin has already been made and Lizzie is baking something. First she's reorganising her baking drawer.

 
Before heading to the gym I trimmed this Amy Butler jelly roll quilt ready for a client to collect this week. I used the Japanese clouds pantograph again in a white Aurifil thread.
 


I would have passed by this fabric in the shop as it doesn't seem initially to go with the quilt top. however I soon realised that it picks up all of the yellows, tans and browns in the quilt top. As well as finishing this quilt top on the long arm yesterday, I was teaching my daughter to use the machine and we finished my May Schnibble. Now I need to find some fabric for binding and inspired by Janet's choice of backing, I'm going to look for remnants of a peach fabric I used for another quilt. If I have none left, I'll have to reconsider.

No comments: