Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Aviatrix centre block

 
 
This week is the first week of sewing for the Aviatrix sew along. The background fabric is Essex linen and it's the first time I've used it. I have used copious amounts of Best Press to give it more body as we were cutting triangles and I think I was successful. This is the hardest block in the medallion quilt so it should be easy sailing from now on.

Do you have miscellaneous rulers that you've bought over the years and rarely us? I have a small ruler for marking 45 degree angles which I bought at a Jan Krentz workshop. that quilt is still a UFO, but the ruler proved to be invaluable for putting together the centre block and there wasn't much unpicking either.
 
 

6 comments:

Jane said...

very pretty, I love the colours/fabric. good points too!

Debbie said...

I do like your colors. I started mine as soon as the pattern was ready, and I am loving it. I agree that the star is the hardest part, and mine is Not Perfect. Then, for some reason, I kind of hit a wall with the x-plus blocks, even though I've made many of them in the past. I am ready to start on the butterflies now though, and, well, I have never made any of them, so it will be a new challenge!!!

Lisa D. said...

Your block is beautiful. I love the fabrics you are using.

Celine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celine said...

gorgeous blocks Sue

Pippa Parsons said...

Gorgeous colours and block, not sure I should say anything but I'd hope someone would to me if it was mine. So here goes with my big size 10s check you blue bit because I think you've sewn the LHD going towards orange bit the wrong way round. Am hoping I'm wrong