First I printed my wording onto a piece of scrap paper - landscape orientation - until I achieved the size of type I wanted. This is Bradley Hand 70.
Having first ironed my twill tape, I stuck my tape over the wording with double sided sticky tape. I should really have used Herma dots as they rub off and make heat pressing the tape easier. Then I stuck down the leading edge of the tape with sellotape. This is an essential step to stop the twill getting snagged when printing.
I used a bold font and selected a photo printing setting when printing to get good saturation of ink. Then I pressed the tape to heat set it. This mini quilt is not designed to be washed. If you're using the technique on something designed to be used and washed. Wash the twill before stitching it down.
I used pinking shears to cut the twill down to size and did a double row of stitches very close to the edge. The mini quilt is now on display until I receive my mini quilt in Cheryll's swap. Cheryll is also hosting Friday Night with Friends tonight so I think I'll work on some wonky crosses for a Siblings together quilt and my Stash Bee blocks.