I need to curb my enthusiasm for starting new projects and therefore, I am going to join in with Fabriholics Anonymous!
Hello my name is Sue and I am a Fabriholic! The
12-step Fabric Fast program is outlined over at Making Rebecca Lynn
- To use the Stash I already have!
- Finish UFOs without the distraction of new beautiful fabric.
- Stop the insanity of constantly buying the latest and greatest fabric.
- Save the £s I spend on fabric.
- Destash the fabrics that I realize I am never going to use.
- Tidy the stash I have so I can see what I have and have a comfortable work space to work in.
FABRIC FAST RULES:
1) No fabric purchases for 6 months beginning January 9, 2014. Not 1 January like others as Treadles have their sale on 9 January!! And I need some fabric for a specific project.
2) At 6 months re-evaluate progress and decide whether to keep going for full year. Evaluation July 1, 2014.
3) Create a UFO list and complete them!
Backing: purchasing a backing to finish a quilt top is permissible. However, attempting to use fabric in your possession for a backing is preferable.
Books and Magazine purchases are allowed as they are not fabric. Notions acceptable too.
By controlling new fabric in, I hope I can focus on finishing the ever growing UFO list.