A new year and a fresh start. Let's see if I can make it to the end of 2014 with 12 finishes at least? from the projects I've already posted for January, I've chosen to focus on the Bee in My Bonnet Row along. I mostly kept up with the rows, but the finishing instructions were taken down before I finished and all of the instructions were included in the book "Quilty Fun" by Lori Holt.
Having purchased a copy of the book before Christmas, I just need to put the ends on each row, sash the rows and add the border. The rows of blocks are already completed, the blocks for the border are mostly sewn together and the bee label is even made and embroidered.
Having bust the bag of blocks out of the cupboard and onto my design wall, I'm now ready to go. Having put the blocks on my design wall I now realise that the flying geese units are missing (in my Quilty Fun bag of blocks, I hope, I haven't sashed the butterflies and I have two many four patches, the extras of which I hope I can use for the Quilty Fun Sew along. I have pinned two of the outside borders ready to sew together this afternoon, so I'm already making progress.