Saturday, April 13, 2013

I haven't been stitching so much over the last two days. On Thursday I spent the morning sewing with Anne. We worked on piecing Caesarea Quilter's Farmer's Wife blocks together. We managed to piece about three more strips together and have completed about 60% of the top before borders.  We work well together, Anne sews whilst I pin and press. I don't think we'd have accomplished as much if just one person had worked on their own. I kept forgetting which row blocks should be in, but we soon got into a routine and I took photos of each row before starting to pin them.

Lizzie made these cream egg cup cakes yesterday to take to our monthly WI canasta game (I was on a winning team). we have St Martin's WI canasta afternoon on Monday so she will be making some more as they were appreciated by all of the ladies.

I have finished a UFO and have three finished items from the one project. My Sew Happy Me, Christmas bunting has been turned into three Christmas mini quilts, all ready for the sample swap at the Fat Quarterly retreat. I bound the second mini quilt and wanted to add some small buttons to the joints of the bear. Jenny was kind enough to let me have the four red buttons, but once I had sewn them on, I decided they weren't what the project needed.
So this morning I broke out my Kandi Kane and some red hot fix crystals and I'm much happier with how the completed project looks.
This morning I hand stitched the binding down on the last of the three mini quilts and I'm pleased with it. All of the mini quilts have used miscellaneous Christmas fabrics that I came across in my stash and they make the red work panels look completely different. The panels are stitched on the same background fabric with the same red thread, but the different styles of fabric in the stars  gives each quilt a different look.
I also stitched the details on the Bee in your Bonnet label block pieced earlier this week. Like a fool, I wrote in the date on top of the bee's head, completely forgetting that I had to stitch in the antennae too. Fortunately I'd used my favourite Frixion pen so a quick press with a hot iron and it was as good as new.
Today I should have been at the Caesarea Crafters' crop, but I just wasn't prepared with a project to take, so I have stayed home and will work on finishing the week 2 stitching of the Frosted Pumpkin Springtime sampler. Then I need to complete some of the frames for week 3 over the next two evenings.

No comments: