With one child out all day and the other out for most of the morning, I returned to my sewing machine for a good workout. It was another successful day with two bee blocks for Patti and another Christmas mini quilt ready for some basic quilting and then binding.
Strangely I started with the block with the linen background. Why I didn't start with the easier plain fabrics, I don't know. The linen rectangles were a 1/4" short on one side so the block is a little smaller than it should be, but I'm sure that can be worked out. So both blocks will be ready to mail back to Patti tomorrow. Perhaps the fabric for the FQR kinky bee will arrive tomorrow. Others have already received the fabric, made the block and sent it back to this month's Queen Bee.
The mini quilt is two more blocks from a stitch along with Sew Happy Me. I need some small red buttons which I'm sure Christine or Jenny gave to me, but the likelihood of finding them soon is I fear remote, so I will have to search through my buttons for something suitable to get it finished this week. I have one more that's almost pieced together and then I can call that project done.
Tomorrow's plan is to try and quilt the two mini quilts ready for binding whilst waiting for the second set of instructions for the Springtime Sampler to arrive from The Frosted Pumpkin. There are four weekly patterns sent each Monday and I am hopeful that I can finish it all in April. Otherwise it's likely to join the growing pile of UFOs.