I'm not sure if I've already posted a photo of this cushion I finished for the Eisteddfod. The cushion top had been finished for a couple of years so I just needed to make it into a cushion with a zip closure. I will be giving this to a friend tonight to go in her topiary inspired kitchen.
Yesterday I did some work on the Vignette block of the month. Issue two arrived over a week ago and contains blocks 2 and 3. I have done all of the piecing apart from the shoo fly blocks around the edge and have started embroidering the middle block alongside block 1 to keep me interested. The original design had the red dot border and the cream pieced as two 18.5 strips, but as the width of fabric is 44", I used one long strip. The other variation is the stripes that I've used which were meant to be 1" finished squares but as there are several large striped fabrics in the "It's a Hoot" collection, I thought it would work well and I'm happy with it. There are no flowers to fussy cut in my fabric so I fussy cut the brown and teal stripes for the 2" squares.
I am also working on block 1 of the BOM too. Issue 3 is out on 1 June so I need to press on, otherwise I'll be three blocks behind.