Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Wrist wraps

 

When I asked my daughter what she wanted for her birthday (28 June), I hadn't anticipated that she'd request a pair of wrist wraps. I knew that I had this Ruby Star canvas somewhere and it w in my box of Ruby Star Society fabric. However, the instructions from The Artisan Life here, were quite clear that the fabric had to be prewashed. That delayed the project a little.


I then had to buy some twill tape. Even though Lizzie's birthday is weeks away, my husband saw her and our son, Matt last weekend. I wanted to stitch them up before Nick left last Thursday. The instructions are very clear and I didn't make a template, I drew the lines for the pointed end direct on to the fabric and inserted the twill tape into a seam. This also made turning the wraps quicker.



They aren't a very photogenic make, but I hope she will like the strawberry fabric. I thought I could pop them into a tin that I'd acquired in a destash but of course, the tin wasn't deep enough! I also included a key ring purchased in St Malo which was a fund raiser for a blood charity and some dinosaur labels from The Specky Seamstress. All wrapped up in recycled tissue paper.




No comments: