Monday, June 17, 2024

Ginger’s Kitchen bench pillow



The first Youtube video from Cristin Creates for the Sewalong was released last Friday. The pattern is Ginger's Kitchen Bench Pillow by Kimberbell Designs. Even though I didn't have the mylar or glitter applique sheet required for this block, I made some substitutions. The faux leather that I used for the snow worked well but the shiny fabric used for the candy canes had a black backing and didn't work.


Later on Friday afternoon, I had a call from Stitch X Stitch and they had both items ready to send me and they should have been posted on Friday evening. Fingers crossed my order arrives soon and I can redo the Cottage A. I didn't have tan felt either, so I used the back of some pink faux leather which has a tan backing and that substitution worked for me.


I was impatient to make another block, so I decided to use Embrilliance software to stitch two blocks in one hoop. I was very pleased to make it work. Using new software is always a steep learning curve but Google was my friend! I have also picked up lots of tips from Cristin's YouTube videos.
 


This morning there was no new video, so I chose three simple blocks to prep and stitch out. I like how they've turned out. 


Here are my blocks so far. Minus the dodgy cottage which I hope I can stitch up this week. I doubt this project will be finished in June as the videos are released at a steady pace and I will learn more from sewing along rather than rushing ahead.

All of the fabrics are from my stash and so far are a mixture of Sweetwater, Tula Pink and others.









 

No comments: