Wednesday, January 24, 2024

WIP Wednesday - retreat planning

I have been getting ready for a taster day for my evening Guild. It's a one-day event with four activities:

Hand stitched EPP hexagons - I have 240 paper hexagons and fabric cut and ready for Ros. I was fortunate that a friend is often given hexagons that people no longer want so the fabric was already cut, but most of the fabric is very retro!!
Bowl cosy - 19 pairs of 10" squares ready for the teacher, who bailed on me this week and can only do two hours and not the whole event. Thanks!
Scrap block - I have redrafted a hand written block and cutting diagram, printed it and laminated it. I'm also taking all of my scraps for people to use and hopefully reduce my scraps.
Double rings block which I'm teaching and my sample is ready with the rulers. I just need to double check I have everything.

Then on Friday I need to collect the hall keys and load my car with all of the above, fabric, cutting mats, rulers, ironing board etc. I am looking forward to Sunday!!

In ten days we have our local retreat, so I have started to plan what I'm taking with me. First, I need to make the first four blocks for the Folk Sampler which I am going to make from my stash of Ruby Star Society fabrics. The instructions are printed ready to start cutting and sewing. I plan to start with these blocks on the Friday. I hate being behind on a sewalong. I also need to pack my design boards to help me organise my blocks as there are multiple blocks each week if you want to do the 26 week and not the 52 week schedule.


On the Saturday I'm all set to sew the sewjo banner by Happy Sew Lucky. I even have some silver linen for the needle picked out and a jumbo knitting needle to hang the banner from. I must remember to pack wadding, just in case I finish the piecing.



I belong to Hel's Belles WI and we have an upcoming competition to fill a shoe box for Rotary International for a 12 to 16 year old girl. I think we've decided on a rainbow theme and I dug these products out this morning. I plan to make an Aneela Hoey pattern which I had forgotten that I own, and which came to light during a destash of books.

Roll on Sunday, when I can actually sew for myself, which will include more items for my Easter tiered tray.

No comments: