Monday, January 08, 2024

Monday make - Pin display bag





The second joint project for Christmas 2023 was a pin display handbag. Lizzie has made the Eena bag by Studio 7T7 and I chose to mostly follow a free tutorial at Pin Display Handbag Tutorial - WeAllSew


I used:

Exterior fabric -  black denim from Guthrie and Ghani purchased in August 2023

Lining fabric - Ruby Star Society from Olive & Flo Handcraft

Thread - Aurifil in black and white

Vinyl - Sew Quirky mystery box

Labels - Kylie and the Machine

Strapping - Zipper Valley

All sewn on my Janome Atelier 7.


The changes I made were:

Narrower flap, due to not checking my seam allowance!!

Magnetic clasps to close instead of Velcro

I trimmed the height of the lining by 1/4" and then machined the lining onto the exterior. I then closed the space used to turn the bag the right side out by top stitching around the bag.

My bag is now ready for Festival of Quilts and I've even put in the roll of Kylie and the Machine tape so we can label our purchases as we go.





No comments: